Mar 7, 2010

I almost forgot....tomorrow is Woman's Day here

Tomorrow is Woman's Day in Russia...Similar to our Mother's Day but you don't have to be a mom here just a woman. LOL
I got a Rose from a very pretty girl at the airport who worked for Nestea and they were giving away red roses and a can of nestea to all the women. Then while waiting for our flight to Samara there was this little old precious Russian woman who took a liking to us and tried so hard to communicate with us but we had NO idea what she was saying...finally a young russian boy who spoke English translated a bit for us. We found out that her daughter had died today and she was flying to where she had lived. It was so sad, but the sweetest thing is she gave me a rose for Woman's Day and said she thought we were a good couple and told us to hold on tight to each other. So Sweet!!! So different from how we were treated by everyone before. :)
She also tried to give me her shaw that she had knitted so pretty but I told her No....she looked like she didn't have much and there was no way I was going to take the gift even though it was such a kind gesture. I didn't want to hurt her feelings but to be honest I could tell she had been tipping back on some large amounts of Vodka. God love her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment